Last updated on September 7th, 2021
TOP SCORING MIDFIELDER & MIDFIELDER TO TARGET FOR GWs 4-7
TOP SCORING MIDFIELDER: MOHAMED SALAH
Mohammed Salah continues to perform; I deem him as the “FPL Must Have.” The Egyptian King is priced at £12.5m and is FPL’s highest-scoring midfielder at the moment.
He ranks 2nd for Total Points, 2nd for ICT Index, 3rd for Threat and 3rd for Influence amongst all players in FPL, based on FPL Statistics. Salah has had 13 goal attempts which converts to 20.8 minutes per attempt, while his assist potential is 8 chances created which generates 34 minutes per attempt. Below shows Salah’s heatmap and average statistics per 90 mins (via http://fantasyfootballscout.com).
Salah is in 53.3% of FPL Squads, the other 46.7% needs to jump on the Salah bandwagon; the statistics and fixtures are in favour of the Egyptian King.
MIDFIELDER TO TARGET FOR GWs 4-7: FERRAN TORRES
Ferran Torres showed his potential and FPL appeal in GW3 against Arsenal returning a game-week high 18 points which included 2 goals and an assist. Deployed as a false 9, his heat map shows his predominantly central position.
Torres can prove to be a valuable FPL asset in a Manchester City Team that scores goals for fun, but can he survive Pep’s Roulette? He started 3/3 matches so our limited data sample can only suggest if City does not buy a recognised striker which looks unlikely (24 hours to go before the transfer window closes at the time of writing), Ferran can turn out to be an absolute steal at £7.1m and a massive differential, only found in 5.5% FPL Squads currently.
If his points per 90 mins continue as in the table above, he would prove to be great value for money. When compared to the highest scoring midfielder Mohamed Salah, Ferran Torres has a superior goal conversion rate of 22.2% compared to Salah’s 15.4% and also needs fewer minutes to score, 120.5 compared to Salah’s 135.
If one is willing to look past Pep’s Roulette, Ferran Torres can be that differential to transfer in during this international break.
Stay tuned as the series continues and be sure to follow:
Javed Khan @FPLDaggaFC